I’m beginning to realize how much I appreciate the small things in a relationship.
- A man who wants me in his life, is not afraid to say that to me and to the world, and goes to great lengths to pursue me.
- Being able to text “I miss you” in the middle of a workday, without stopping to wonder if that’s too clingy. Every text from me is welcomed wholeheartedly.
- Pacing the relationship properly: being able to enjoy the early stages of a relationship without jumping right into bed with someone.
- Getting two or three phone calls a day from a man who wants to talk to me and hear all about my day.
- Sweet texts at unexpected times.
- Being treated to lots of dinners, movies, and concerts, with no expectations of anything from me in return.
- Holding hands in church. Holding hands at dinner. Holding hands on a walk. Holding hands at the movies. I love holding hands!
- Two-hour phone conversations.
- Being able to be a bitch accidentally, realize it, apologize for it, and move on, without it ever turning into an argument.
- Not having to check myself for codependent, approval-seeking behavior. I already have his approval, and he verbalizes that approval regularly.
- Hearing every day that I’m beautiful.
I was not looking for this. After the fairly recent pain of a broken relationship, there was no way I wanted to put myself out there to get hurt again. However, looking for it or not, I found it, and it’s wonderful.